Monday, March 3, 2008

Compare & Contrast Essay - Self-Revising Checklist

Revising
1. Have I used consistent point of view?

2. Have I used consistent verb tense?
3. Have I used a variety of sentence structures?

4. Does my personality come through my writing?
5. Do I show rather than tell?

6. Does my topic sentence show the thesis & main idea?
7. Does my topic sentence catch the reader’s attention?
8. Are features or subjects discussed in the same order?
9. Is the order features are discussed logical?
10. Are specific examples used to support ideas?
11. Are my wording and ideas fresh and interesting?

12. Are compare & contrast clue words used?

Proofreading
1. Have I corrected run-ons?
2. Have I corrected fragments?
3. Have I used indentation and paragraphing?
4. Have I used proper capitalization and punctuation?
5. Have I corrected spelling mistakes?

Format
1. Double spaced
2. Font size 12
3. Font Arial or Times New Roman
4. 1 Column
5. Title in Header
6. Written my name in bold italic on the first line
7. Justified the lines

No comments: